Below are the many kinds of anger related issues our counsellors have helped men and women with through anger management counselling.
- Relationship Conflict: anger that leads to frequent fighting with your partner, friends, and family.
- Workplace Anger: anger on the job, with co-workers, bosses, and customers.
- Criminal Behaviour: anger that leads to physical assaults, property damage, threats, and charges.
- Internalized Anger: anger that leads to self-harming (e.g., hitting self, cutting) or drug use.
Anger Management Clues: Are You Noticing These in Your Life?
Anger management problems can result from problems in emotional self-regulation. Self-regulation involves your ability to identify, express, and communicate feelings of anger, frustration, and hurt in healthy ways. Below are clues that you might benefit from anger management counselling:
- When you get angry you begin to yell, throw/break objects, or say threatening things.
- Others describe you as two different people when angry and calm.
- You’re quick to “snap”, “see red”, ” or “lose your temper” and act in ways you later regret.
- You frequently get angry when interrupted, criticized, or have to wait.
Anger Management Counselling Helps By…
Through anger management counselling, our counsellors will first help you identify and understand the deeper source of your anger. Instead of lashing out against other people or hurting yourself, we’ll help you learn how to soothe yourself, change unhelpful thoughts, and learn effective communication skills.
- Learn healthy ways to soothe yourself.
- Feel in control of how you express your anger.
- Improve your relationships and communication.