Our regular fees are below. These fees apply when seeing our Registered Psychotherapists and Registered Social Workers. Methods of payment include credit card or debit (*we do not normally accept e-transfers).
- $145/60min* for individual counselling.
- $165/60min* for couples and family counselling.
- Sessions may be extended past 60min at a fraction of the hourly rate (e.g., 90min).
(*HST may apply to certain therapists.)
We now offer reduced rates when choosing to see one of our counselling interns (i.e. a counsellor in training who is supervised by our Clinical Director Mark Nixon, RP).
- $72.50/60min for individual counselling.
- $82.50/60min for couples counselling.
Click to learn more about our current counselling interns below:
Our services are often reimbursable under extended health insurance plans which cover the services of a Registered Psychotherapist, Registered Social Work (MSW) or a Registered Psychologist. Before your initial session call your benefits provider and ask the following:
- Do they cover Registered Psychotherapists or Registered Social Workers?
- Do they cover a therapist **supervised** by a Registered Psychologist? *
- What is the total amount of coverage you have left for the year (e.g., $500/year).
- How much is covered per session (e.g., 100%, up to a certain amount, etc.).
- Is a physician’s referral/note required?
When selecting your counsellor on our site, be sure to review their insurance info on their profile page to ensure it matches what your benefits cover. For example, if your benefits cover only a Registered Social Worker, be sure to check that you’ve selected a counsellor with the correct credentials. If you’re uncertain, please contact us anytime to confirm the counsellor’s credentials.
Payment is provided at the end of sessions and your counsellor will provide you with a receipt which you submit to your health insurance provider for reimbursement.
What If Your Insurance Company Only Covers a Psychologist?
If your provider only covers a Registered Psychologist, then ask if they will cover services of a qualified professional who is supervised by a Registered Psychologist. Most of our counsellors are supervised by a Registered Psychological Associate (Leanne Wagner, Registered Psychological Assoc. #5386).
Please check our counsellors’ web profiles to see if your selected counsellor is listed as “Eligible for Plans Requiring a Psychologist” in their “Insurance Info” section.
The cost is $175/hr in this case since you are receiving the extra supervisory services of the Psychological Associate. This would be reimbursable according to your insurance plan.
- $175.00/60min* for individual counselling if you’re receiving Psychological services.
- $195.00/60min* for couples and family counselling if you’re receiving Psychological services.
(*HST may apply to certain supervised therapists.)
These details can be very confusing and so please do not hesitate to contact us any time with the information you’ve collected from your health insurance company and we would be happy to match you with the appropriate counsellor or further explain the process.
Please Note: Insurance claims that are rejected are not refundable nor can they be retroactively changed to a Psychologist should one be required for coverage. It is therefore important to clarify coverage ahead of time.